Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The last day
Mon Feb 07, 2011 , 08:04 PM
The last day
I have just been reading John's gospel again and have noticed the following, that believers would be raised on The Last Day
John 6:39 And this is the Fatherís will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

I also read that that would be the day of judgment.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Comments please.

David

Job 19:25 But as for me I know that my Redeemer liveth, And at last he will stand up upon the earth:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tue Feb 08, 2011 , 10:06 PM
RE: The last day
Ro 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Yes, at the last day of this church age, all believers in Christ that have died will be resurrected, them reunited with their soul which Jesus will bring with Him in the air, them we who are living, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Its amazing to me at the number of Christians that do not know that they will be judge by the Words that are written on the pages of that "Old Black Book."

So sad.

Mt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mt 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mt 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mt 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

There be many who have heard this Word preached, set and read from it many times, they even attend church services, yet they refuse to live by and obey the Words of that "Old Black Book," the very Words Jesus will use in judging of everyone.

I keep hearing preachers at funeral services say, "The deceased has gone on to their reward," that is not true, no one will receive no rewards till they face the judgment seat of Christ, sad, many will lose rewards on that day.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Yet the dreadful thing comes latter, those who face Jesus at the 'Great White Throne,' Everything they lived for will have been burnt up, and the only place for them is the lake of fire.

In His service,
Jerry

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

"Jesus is our only hope!"
Wed Feb 09, 2011 , 05:46 PM
The sad part is that many preachers are afraid to tell the truth at funeral services. They rarely give a gospel message, just saying that Jesus is the resurrection and the life, and apply that to everyone.

David

Job 19:25 But as for me I know that my Redeemer liveth, And at last he will stand up upon the earth:
Thu Feb 10, 2011 , 03:10 PM
Well, unfortunately that may be true - however when ever it is time for my homecoming service, I want that preacher to tell my family and friends about HELL at least ten times! Then I want him to preach the hottest hell-fire and brimstone sermon that he can come up with. I want them to look over their shoulders and see the flames of hell licking at their backs! I want them to feel so hot and uncomfortable they'll have to take off their jackets and ties. Sometimes that is what it takes to get through to thick headed people. All this koom-ba-yah stuff just lulls them to sleep, and does not impress upon anyone the significance or importance of the gospel message.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Mon Feb 14, 2011 , 04:18 PM
One thing we know. We have the Lord's promise that he will raise us on the last day.

David

Sat Feb 19, 2011 , 01:20 PM
I believe we will be raptured before the coming tribulation - which seems to immeninent at this point! AMEN!

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."