Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fighting Fundamental Forums
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 10:40 AM
Fighting Fundamental Forums
Hello, Christian brothers and sisters! I stopped in to ask if any here have ever heard of the "Fighting Fundamental Forums?" I recently have been browsing through there and I pray that any child of God will not get sucked into that awful waste of God's time! Calvinists abound, for the majority they deny the King James as THE Word of God, and the attitude of the posts are so close to profane in their content that some of the "ladies" that seem to frequent that forum ought to blush. There are a number of big-name Baptist schools represented and a lot of big-name Baptist preacher bashing. I seem to have fallen for the crowd mentality (running to see a car-wreck...etc.) and stayed for more than I wanted to see. A lot of these people are younger "Independant Baptists" per se. If this is the future of the IFB, then we are in real trouble! Granted, there seeemed to be a few w/a bit of humilty and genuine love for the things of God, but the wickedness far overshadows the poor folks that actually might want to live for God that are involved there.

Ezekiel 33:7 "So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me."
KJB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 12:05 PM
RE: Fighting Fundamental Forums
Bro. Chuck, I didn't think that there was anything BUT fightin' fundamentalists!

In the Service of the KING,
Brother Tim Keyes (Proverbs 3:5-6)

When I fully rely upon God, I find that He is fully reliable.
http://www.morningchapel.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 12:46 PM
Brother Chuck, I have visited that site a couple of times. You are correct in that if this is the future of fundamentalism we are in a heap of trouble. It is beyond me how we can determine to be fundamentalists which by definition are supposed to be separated from the world, and yet the things I see on those boards are all about the world. I don't even know if the term evangelical would fit what is going on there. It is truly sad to witness.

Some years back I put together a forum site that was supposed to be for independent, fundamental Baptists. Myself and another man did all the labor on the site while another who was supposed to be our partner maintained the status of site administrator. Come to find out this was a double-minded man. He actually banned me and the other man from our own site. It deteriorated to the point that even the home page is an abomination. I have come to the conclusion there are a lot of folks out there who call themselves fundamentalists who have no concept of what the word actually means.

In Christ,
George

(Galatians 5:1) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 02:21 PM
Rolleyes RE: Fighting Fundamental Forums
but the wickedness far overshadows the poor folks that actually might want to live for God that are involved there.
[/quote]

I have a friend that has a child at BJ University and she told me about the site, but I have never been on it. She was of the opinion that it was a healthy way for young adults to discuss (argue) what the bible says about different issues. (not my opinion)

I have another friend that is well intentioned who has started a myspace ministry to reach kids and women. She wants to reach people who are in weak churches. They come on her site and leave some of the worst things. She talks with women pastors, so she tiptoes around the issues that they need to hear, because if she put up what the Bible says they will not come on her site. Her intentions are good but her compromise ruins her ministry.

I have noted that many of my women friends (maybe men think this way too) seem to think it is okay if you are a young adult to debate the things of God. That for some reason, foreign to me, if you are young things aren't black and white. As if the scripture was written for older adults only. So when they go to reason with these young adults they don't say "thus says the Lord", instead they try to appeal to their emotions and feelings. If these people really wanted to learn and grow in an issue they would seek the advise of a seasoned Christian. They want to argue and debate and on line it is done with out anyone really knowning who you are. There is no accountability and things are said you would never say person to person.

SummerHarvest

It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible. -George Washington
Genesis 18:25;Isaiah 40:31
http://summer-to-harvest.blogspot.com/
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 03:58 PM
Speaking only for myself, debating my views was healthy for me as a young adult. That process helped me take ownership of my beliefs, rather than just taking my Mom and Dad's word for it. They gave me a wonderful foundation of a Christian home and upbringing for which I never cease to be grateful. However, heading toward adulthood, I was compelled to know why I believed what I believed. "Mom and Dad taught me ..." is not the right answer when testing ones theology as an adult, young or old. I'm puzzled why debate is framed in a negative light. If one cannot defend their beliefs they are quite weak indeed!

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. - C. S. Lewis
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 07:06 PM
The biggest point about debate is to know when to stop. You are right that we should be able to defend our faith. That is Scriptural. It is also Scriptural to bring it to an end at the right time. Knowing when is the challenge.

In the Service of the KING,
Brother Tim Keyes (Proverbs 3:5-6)

When I fully rely upon God, I find that He is fully reliable.
http://www.morningchapel.org
Fri Apr 25, 2008 , 07:22 PM
Very true

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. - C. S. Lewis
Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: Sat Apr 26, 2008 03:21 AM by Mongol Servant.)
Several years ago, I was warned to stay clear of internet blogs, forums, websites, etc, by many Christians, pastors, preachers, evangelists, and missionaries. They reasoned that, these places did more harm than good. For about 10 years or so, I followed that advice. However, e-mail beats snail-mail, and ordering books and educational material is much faster through the web. I noticed an article from a conservative Christian newspaper recently, that detailed an exodus of about 800 people per day, presently, from the "blogosphere."

I used to use KJVMail, and found this site as a link from that. Another member, that used to be here, invited me to visit another KJBOnly site, and I've enjoyed it, as well. Like Bro George, and others, I viewed the Fighting Fundamental forum (did not join) and also Baptist Board (joined & later asked them to remove all vestiges of my appearance!), before I decided that they were a waste of time. Much of these blogs, forums, sites, etc are not edifying or God-honoring, and as Bro Chuck said, full of calvinists, religionists, and carnal "believers." I just don't need 'em. Occasionally, I view the news at WorldNetDaily or Bro Noah Hutching's Southwest Radio Church (swrc.com), but for the most part, stay out of these so-called "Christian" sites. Since I'm not a glutton for punishment, an occasional "smack" up side the head from Bro Tim, is about all I need Laughing . Reading my Bible, seeing Mongols saved, and enjoying my family, does it for me!

"Always correct the Bible critics with the King James' text and never worry about doing it. Do it cheerfully, prayerfully, and with thanksgiving, giving the glory to God and being assured that at the Judgment Seat of Christ, you won't have anything to worry about." Dr. Peter S. Ruckman
Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 07:37 AM
Nate, I must say (and more importantly quote from the Word of God) what are some less than favorable qualities of people found in Romans 1:28-29 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate[u], [u]deceit, malignity; whisperers, " Notice the mention of "debate." I can't help but hesitate after seeing it in light of the Scripture...
In Christ,
Bro. Chuck

Ezekiel 33:7 "So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me."
KJB
Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 11:53 AM
Bro. Chuck Wrote:Nate, I must say (and more importantly quote from the Word of God) what are some less than favorable qualities of people found in Romans 1:28-29 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate[u], [u]deceit, malignity; whisperers, " Notice the mention of "debate." I can't help but hesitate after seeing it in light of the Scripture...
In Christ,
Bro. Chuck

Amen Brother Chuck, Amen!

In Christ,
George

(Galatians 5:1) Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:37 PM by Nate.)
So do we then shut down this website since we have debate here? What of 1 Peter 3:15-16? Jude 1:3? Having an answer and contending for the faith? Surely there is a difference between unprofitable debate which edifies no one and honest debate defending the faith and sound doctrine.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 12:45 PM
Nate Wrote:So do we then shut down this website since we have debate here? What of 1 Peter 3:15-16? Jude 1:3? Having an answer and contending for the faith? Surely there is a difference between unprofitable debate which edifies no one and honest debate defending the faith and sound doctrine.

Brother I think you are a little off line here. We must take a look at the difference between debate and discussion. Let me give you the Noah Webster's definition of debate:

DEBATE, v.t. To contend for in words or arguments; to strive to maintain a cause by reasoning; to dispute; to discuss; to argue; to contest, as opposing parties; as, the question was debated till a late hour.

Notice it contains the words argue and dispute. I believe that we all here try our best (even though we fail at times) to have civil discussions rather than contentious arguments or disputes. Certainly a lot of what goes on here, particularly in the preservation/inspiration forum, does meet the loosest definition of disputing but so far nothing has crossed the line and sunk to the point of argument.

A discussion can cause some to think and ponder. An argument or debate can often cause contention and hard feelings. A perfect example of that is what is going on in the primary debates of the democratic presidential candidates. They debate and then the next thing you know they are throwing mud at each other because their hackles have been raised.

While we have had that happen here in the past the situation has been handled by the administrators and/or the moderators.

There is a vast difference between debate and discussion.

In Christ,
George

Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 01:02 PM
As far as I can tell, we agree. Being contentious, arguing, and creating hard feelings is unprofitable, no matter what word one uses to define it. Perhaps what I called debate between my best friend and I would be better characterized as discussion though we did not agree on all things.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 01:28 PM
Nate Wrote:As far as I can tell, we agree. Being contentious, arguing, and creating hard feelings is unprofitable, no matter what word one uses to define it. Perhaps what I called debate between my best friend and I would be better characterized as discussion though we did not agree on all things.

That is as with us Brother Nate. The only thing we seem to disagree on to this point is my stance on the King James Bible. That does not mean we can't fellowship and perhaps even learn something from one another.

In Christ,
George

Sat Apr 26, 2008 , 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: Sat Apr 26, 2008 01:54 PM by Jim.)
I agree.

With that being said. My official position is that since we run this site, we are free to discuss our position on the KJV. If you do not agree with it, then do not post to the contrary, just do not post in that category.
We have the right to have a location that we have created to pleasantly discuss our beliefs in this preserved Word of God without dissention.

Love in Christ,

Jim

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.